With year-end reductions in the federal tax benefit approaching, there’s no better time than NOW to install solar
- Solar is the cheapest it has ever been! In 2020, the Solar Industries Association (SEIA) reported that the price to install solar has reached a historical low, plummeting 70% since 2010. An average-sized residential system has dropped from a pre-incentive price of $40,000 in 2010 to roughly $18,000 today.
- Good news! the solar investment tax credit (ITC) that was set to ramp down from 26% in 2020 to 22% in 2021 and 10% in 2022, has been extended by Congress and will now remain at 26% until 2022. This means big out-of-pocket cost savings. Talk to your tax advisor then call EnergySmart to learn more.
- Stabilize your energy bills – solar pays for itself! The price of utility energy changes. Installing solar on your home gives you more control over how much you pay each month and eventually pay for only your connection fee – no energy bills!
- EnergySmart can also help connect you with low-interest financing loans through Elevations Credit Union and Clean Energy Federal Credit Union.
- Boulder County is already experiencing the impact of climate change in the form of reduced snowpack, earlier snowmelt, high intensity wildfires, extreme weather events, and high heat days.
- Go electric – By installing solar you have the opportunity to provide fossil-free power to more than just your home (electric cars, e-bikes, etc.)
- Keep your community healthy – energy powered by the sun reduces air pollution and contributes toward a healthier and more resilient community.
- Be the change – Residential and commercial buildings account for 60% of emissions in Boulder County, one way you can help keep Colorado clean is by switching to renewable energy.
Enroll in EnergySmart:
Work with your personal Energy Advisor to learn more about going solar. Sign up now here.
- Keep it local – EnergySmart has just added a new list of pre-qualified solar contractors, to help you find the most dependable solar installers in your area.
- Free Advising – Don’t know quite how to move forward? Your expert Energy Advisor can help you understand the step-by-step process alongside you along with point you towards additional resources to explore on your own time. We are here when you are ready.
- It’s tried and true – EnergySmart has successfully helped over 19,000 homes!
EnergySmart offers a Solar Contractor List as a resource for residents. EnergySmart does not advocate for or promote specific contractors and makes no representations or warranties regarding the quality of service or proof of insurance for any contractors on the list.
These contractors have demonstrated interest in helping residents complete energy-efficient projects and apply for funding from utility rebate programs and EnergySmart incentives. Each contractor has completed at least one project under the EnergySmart program.
Residents may work with any vendor or contractor and are not limited to those on this list, however to be eligible for EnergySmart rebates, equipment must meet minimum efficiency requirements and funds must be reserved prior to purchase/installation. Boulder County makes no representations or warranties regarding accuracy of information, quality of service, or proof of insurance for any contractor on this list.
In addition to the list above, you can also check out Xcel Energy’s tips for selecting solar contractors.